Sunday, September 28, 2008

Craft Night

Saturday's craft night was a huge success! We had so much fun. Eve, who had just had surgery the day before, even joined us! She was not up to crafting, but we were so happy to have her there for conversation.

Thanks so much to Lucy for hosting and making a great dinner. Here are a few pictures of the event. One note: of course I forgot my camera, so these were taken with my phone. Not the best, but good enough.

Jennifer concentrates on stretching her fabric over her canvas.

Here Jennifer carefully places her hand-drawn stencil design. So cute!

Lucy stretches her High School Musical fabric over her canvas. Her project is a gift for her niece.


Jennifer's final project. So cute! I love the color combinations here.


Lucy's final project. So fun! Her niece is sure to love this one!


My final project. I realize I look as though I am about to fall asleep. I was really tired. We had a garage sale earlier in the day.

A little about our projects:

We stretched fabric over canvas and stapled it in place. We then covered the fabric with Mod Podge and allowed it to dry. Once dry, we lightly traced our patterns onto the fabric. We then either blocked out or filled in the stencil. So easy, so fast and so fun!

I cannot wait for the next craft night!

1 comment:

jkc said...

That was so much fun!!! I put mine on one of my shelves and think it actually looks kind of cute there. I'm ready to make some more!