Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sick

Everyone here has been sick all week. Apparently there is some wicked virus making the rounds - the coughing, sore throat, runny nose, my head feels like it is going to explode and Oh, there is an elephant on my chest kind. It has put quite a damper on the week. Poor Emma missed out on school, soccer practice and her game today, as well as ballet. Aidan missed his beloved Gymboree. The good news is that we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think we will all be back to normal by next week.

Being sick does have one upside: you get to snuggle in bed with the whole family for hours on end, just reading stories or watching Little Bear. Errands that are so important every other day just aren't that pressing. You find that it is possible to just stay home, all day, for one whole day. Even if that means all you have to eat is Dora chicken noodle soup.

2 comments:

jkc said...

I'm so sorry that everyone is so sick!! But, I do like the mental picture of all of you piled on the bed, hanging out together.

Are we still on for Saturday?

Brigitte said...

We are on as far as I know! I am sending out an email to confirm. I am so excited. Still trying to narrow down my selections and medium. I am so excited!