Thursday, September 11, 2008

A new low

I actually wasn't going to blog today, or at least not until right before bed, but I have to share this story with you. Immediately.

We have two dogs and we love them dearly. They are pretty pampered and they NEVER miss a meal. So why do they walk around scavenging like castaways half of the time? Sassy, our Airedale/German Shep mix just hit an all time new low.

Emma created a lovely piece of art in pre-K this week. She glued Cheerios in the shape of an "O" to a piece of construction paper. "O" is the letter of the week. I cleaned out her folder and set the papers aside. (I am stashing all of her papers in an archival box that I picked up.) Since I am busy getting ready for the show Saturday, I did not make it to the box right away. I heard a strange crunching sound and decided to investigate, whereupon I found our dear Sassy eating the Cheerios off of the construction paper. Glue and all.

2 comments:

jkc said...

I'm sorry, but I have to admit that, although I'm sorry you lost Emma's artwork (because I know how much stuff like that means to you), I'm laughing hysterically at the mental picture I have of Sassy eating that. I can just see her licking her lips over her good fortune :)

Brigitte said...

You know, I was so mad at that silly dog, but after I wrote the blog and looked at her I just started cracking up. And I can't keep every piece -- especially the ones with food on them! Yuck! :)