Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Day!

Sundays are always pretty great. I believe I have previously mentioned our family tradition of meeting everyone for brunch or lunch. So we did that today, and then my aunt took all of the kids to the candy store. And to ride on the coin operated machines. I think they used to be called penny horses back in the day, but today they are (a) rarely ever horses, they are instead helicopters and trains and motorcycles and (b) no longer cost a penny. The kids were, well, as happy as kids in a candy store.

We dropped by my in-laws and left the kids there for a couple of hours while we went to see Ghost Town. I don't know if you have seen it or not, but it is fantastic. Paramount once again dropped the ball by not promoting or advertising a really great film. I am not going to say anything else about it, because I hate it when people give away all of the details. Just go see it. You will be glad you did.

I am feeling especially blessed tonight. I snuggled up in bed with both of my kiddos as we read together Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Cookies and Henry and Mudge: The First Book. If you have not read the Henry and Mudge series, I urge you to do so. They are funny and real and full of heart. You can start with any book in the series and jump right in. We actually started with Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat. We fell so in love with it that we went to the book store the very next day and bought three more titles. (Click here for some Henry and Mudge fun.)

And if you have not read Amy Krouse Rosenthal, the author of Cookies, I urge you to check out her books as well. We have several of her children's books, and I have several of her adult books. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life if one of my favorite reads.

Wishing you all a very happy week!

2 comments:

jkc said...

What a great day! I'm at home today...had to work OAALA Friday night and all day Saturday.

I have my fabric and canvas (and I have an extra 16X20 canvas if anyone needs it). I still have to get some Mod Podge (thought I had more than I do) and my paint. I may have to housesit/dog spoil for my friend from work but I've already told her that I'm unavailable for Saturday. This is going to be too fun to miss!

Brigitte said...

I have a new bottle of Mod Podge, and I will share! This will be so much fun!!