Monday, September 15, 2008

Ghost Baby

My dear husband sent me this photo update of their day, taken with his camera phone, while I was away at the craft show on Saturday (more on that later). This is not a ghost baby, it is actually my two year old, Aidan, covered in powdered sugar.

Apparently while Brandon was helping Emma retrieve dress-up clothes, Aidan utilized his super toddler speed ability to push the antique wine rack up to the cabinet, climb up onto the counter and retrieve the brand new bag of powdered sugar from the baking cabinet.

He then sped through the house, depositing piles of the sticky powder in the kitchen, living room and our bedroom, covering himself in the process. Of course he had time to empty the bag before Brandon caught him. Not surprisingly, Brandon saw the humor in the situation and sat him down for a quick photo op.

I don't know if you have ever tried to clean up powdered sugar before, but it is not fun. Three days and two bottles of Swiffer cleaning solution later, my floors are still sticky. The stuff is like glue! I fear this might be a job for an industrial cleaning crew.

Update: I showed Aidan this blog and this is the conversation we just had:

Aidan: "Wow! That's me! I was making a mess. A big mess."

Me: "Yes, why did you do that?"

Aidan: "Cause I wanted to. Daddy cleaned it up. It's a big mess."

Me: "Yep."

Aidan: "That's sugar. I love sugar. It is so sticky."

Me: "Do you like to make messes?"

Aidan: "Yeah. I love messes."

1 comment:

jkc said...

That is too funny! I love messes, too :)