Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting It Back and Getting It Together

Today was tedious. And long. And a bit frustrating.

I feel as though I spent the entire day on the phone with one institution or another getting the identity theft situation under control. What a mess. I have been assured that everything will be back to normal in a couple of days. Whew. What a relief.

Even though I had to deal with that all day, I still had time to have some fun with the kiddos. We cleaned up Aidan's room and weeded through a bunch of clothes and toys. We are planning a garage sale for this weekend. I am very excited because it means my actual garage will be cleaned out and restored to its former glory. For this I cannot wait.

Tomorrow I will attempt to finish up an order, finally make the Pink Ladybugs their long- awaited bows, and hopefully, if all goes well, go through the bins of toys that have mysteriously found a home in our living room. If I actually accomplish all of this I will video tape myself doing a little victory dance and post it here for all to see. And I promise I am not being pessimistic -- I just know my limitations. I always think I can get more done than is actually possible.

I am very much looking forward to the garage sale, though. It is always such a huge relief to get rid of stuff. And we have way too much stuff. Some days I feel like emptying entire rooms and starting over. I would say my two biggest problem areas are paper and photos. I have elaborate dreams in which I have organized all of my photos so well that I know when each was taken. In my dream they are ready to fall into scrapbook layouts, which I will of course hand journal. Unlikely, I know, but a girl can always dream.

3 comments:

jkc said...

Oh yeah, I know that dream. My dream home is super organized and clean enough to eat off the floors. And I have those hand-journaled scrapbooks as works of art :)

Did I tell you my fun news? You know how I wanted an Epson 1400 printer and V200 scanner but both were hard to find and expensive? WELLLLLL, I went to Epson site and they had both as refurbished (meaning they had been sent back but work). Both together as refurbished were cheaper than the new 1400 by itself. PLUS, free shipping!!! So, I ordered both and can't wait. The 1400 will come without a USB cable, but that's no biggie. I'm so excited!!

Brigitte said...

What fantastic news!!! I am so excited for you!!! PLEASE say you are bringing your new toy to craft night! I can't wait to see it in person. This will be so much fun!

jkc said...

I'll bring them if they get here in time. Still not here yet. I had them ship to my work address since it's where I am during the day. I am so psyched!