Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's Magic

Something magical is happening in my house. Right this minute. As I type this post. My kids are playing together in Aidan's room. Alone. Nicely. Quietly.

OK, so maybe I exaggerate a little when I say this never happens, but it has not happened much in the past. The last few days have been great. It is like a switch was turned on and they realized that they can actually have fun together without me there to referee.

This is not to say I don't love playing with my kids. We still have plenty of time together. But 30 minutes to myself? WOW!!!

I am not quite sure what to do with this new-found freedom. It seems a shame to waste it on something mundane like laundry. And yeah, I really should sneak in that workout. But I have not done that yet. Yesterday I read a chapter. Today I am blogging. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

What do you do with your precious stolen moments?

2 comments:

jkc said...

Laze on the couch...eat chocolate...watch my newest Oasis DVD and then listen to the newest CD...play on my laptop. Not really very exciting, is it?

Brigitte said...

Are you kidding me?? Sounds perfect! :)