Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Week Thus Far

What a week. We got hit with an ice/sleet/freezing rain/small-sprinkling-of-snow storm Monday. We have not left the house since Sunday. As a girl who likes to be on the go, I am climbing the walls with cabin fever. Brandon has taken it all in stride. He likes to stay at the bat cave. He is also recovering from strep, so the downtime has been a welcome gift. Emma is sick. We are taking her to the pediatrician in the morning. I am sure it is something viral, but I want to make sure she has not developed an ear infection. Thankfully this just came on and we did not have to drive her to the doctor in the ice. Aidan, who is much more of a home-body than I am, is just as ready to get out of here as I am!

I thought I would get so much done this week. After all, I could not escape the mounds of laundry with easily justifiable errands. I did make a dent in some of the household chores, but I did not accomplish half of what I wanted to get done. I did finish Aidan's birthday party invitations. They are pictured here:

I think they turned out pretty cute, and most importantly Aidan LOVES them! They are all addressed and ready to mail as soon as I leave the house tomorrow and buy stamps.

We started construction on our new sunroom two weeks ago. It is coming along at record speed. A guy was here to tape and mud the sheet rock today and he is coming back tomorrow to texture the walls. The tile guy is coming tomorrow as well. After that we just have the cabinet installation, heat & air installation, paint and wood staining, and light fixture installation. I can't believe it has come together so quickly! The kids are excited to have a new playroom. I am excited to have a place to organize the kid clutter. I'll post a couple of pictures tomorrow.

One last thing: you may have read today's earlier post. I have since written my congressperson and senators, urging immediate reform of the CPSIA. If you are interested in reading about this further, I recommend checking out www.handmadetoyalliance.org, Sarah Jane's blog, this etsy blog, or Design Mom's blog. The topic has also made it onto Change.org's website. I just can't imagine not being able to make, sell and buy handmade things anymore. It is just too sad. Thanks for your help in saving handmade!

3 comments:

jkc said...

The invite turned out SO CUTE!!! You're so great at designing things. And I can't wait to hang out in your new sunroom.

Well, I'm back to work today (as you could probably tell from the early emails). Neighborhood streets and parking lots are still a nightmare.

Brigitte said...

Thanks hon! And you are an awesome designer as well! I can't wait to buy paper and fabric from you!!

Yep, sunroom and girl's night coming soon. Have you read this month's selection yet? I am so disappointed I can't host as originally planned. We will have to squeeze in an unofficial meeting before the next book club/craft night!

jkc said...

We definitely need to squeeze in an unofficial meeting. I want to see that print book I got (especially with the email you sent me this morning).