Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Good Day

Today was a good day. I feel like things are getting back to normal. We left our house today and even Brandon was ecstatic to get out. We kept it simple since Emma is still not feeling well. We took the kids out to lunch and then went to the pediatrician. As I suspected, Emma does have an ear infection.

The kids got to enjoy a couple of hours of play at my mom's house today. Low key, but the change in venue was priceless. I think this change of pace did wonders for everyone's state of mind.

Exciting things are happening in the sunroom. This was the scene last night:

And this is what it looks like tonight:

Granted there is not a great deal of perceptible change, but the walls and ceiling are now completely taped, mudded and textured. And the tile has been delivered. The tile guys will be here bright and early in the morning to lay the floor. And someone else is coming to shoot more insulation in the attic above the new room. We are getting so excited!
I can't wait to decide on a paint color. I don't have much time to decide. I may try to post some swatches and get some third party opinions. I want to keep it light, but I want a little color, too. Decision, decisions. If only I had a fabric in mind this would all be so much easier.
The trim carpenter is coming Monday. I can't wait for him to build our cabinets. They will provide us with so much storage space. The best part is that I can simply close the doors and not have to stare at the stuff.


Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

1 comment:

jkc said...

It's looking so amazing! Can't wait until it's finished...we'll definitely have to "dedicate" it with a girls night.