Sunday, March 1, 2009

I can't believe it is March!

February was a busy month. It seems the four of us were sick for most of it, which is a shame. But it was not all bad. Some pretty exciting things happened. Aidan turned three. Emma lost TWO teeth. I finally got the kids' toys organized into labeled bins. (More on this astonishing development later.)

I have decided that my kitchen needs a little makeover. Nothing extreme, I actually love my cabinets. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE new counter tops, but that project will have to wait. For now, I am going to do a little painting and add some new fabrics. Primarily, Anna Maria Horner's delicious Sketchbook from her Drawing Room collection:

If this doesn't brighten things up, I don't know what will! I know it is not super clear in this picture, but there is a gorgeous teal color splashed throughout the fabric. I am going to match paint to it and use it to paint the wall under the chair railing. I am not exactly sure when I will commence this project, but I hope to get started in the next few weeks. Once I begin I will make sure to post plenty of before and after pictures.

I picked up three wonderful chairs at an estate sale a few months ago, and sadly they are still sitting in my garage begging to be updated. Now that I have picked my primary fabric, I can finally recover the chair seats. Unfortunately they need new webbing, too, which if I remember correctly is a bit of a pain, but I know I can do it because my mom is a super hero who can do just about anything. And I know she will help me. (Mom, you ROCK!) Anyway, I think I will use a coordinating fabric on the chairs, maybe the pressed flowers. There are so many pretty coordinates, how is a girl to choose?

No comments: